Craig was invited to preach a Sunday sermon at a Zambian Refugee Village church in the outskirts of Luena. There were over 200 people present, including children. Service started at 10am with about an hour and a half of worship. I loved it! Most of the singing was in Ngangela (an African dialect). When it was time for Craig to preach, he did an excellent job! Our friend, Domingo, translated for him in that dialect. His message was a summary of the Bible studies he had conducted the past 2 Saturdays there and an invitation to accept the free gift of salvation that Jesus offers. Three people made commitments to the Lord afterwards! Praise be to God. The service lasted until 12:30 after singing I Surrender All. Afterwards, we shook all 200 attendees hands! Whew! I videotaped all the service to share with you all if you are interested. Craig´s reaction to preaching was he felt very stretched!!! I think the Lord used him in a mighty way.
On Thursday, we wrapped up 3 weeks of homeschooling Jeremy and TJ, which went very well. Ian and Nathan are sad to have it come to and end. We assured them that when the Trotts come on furlough in 2010 we will spend time together with their friends.
We were able to say farewell to our friends, Prince, Domingo, and Kelvin (our English speaking Zambian refugee friends) with a breakfast and prayer time on Saturday. David then took us on the Road to Saurimo. You´ve not truly been offroading until you´ve been on that road!! It is destroyed from road mines, and 40 years of lack of repair. So, it´s 8 hours of bouncing around in the car. The boys loved it especially since seatbelts aren´t required in Africa! I think it will be a long while before I ride on that road again. When we go to Saurimo, we spent the night at a Brethren Mission that was established in 1936 out in the bush. David then took us to the Saurimo airport were we departed for Luanda this morning. We are now staying with Becky, a Brethren missionary nurse who has served here for 49 years. Tomorrow, we depart for South Africa, then London, and finally Hamburg, Germany (24 hours of travel). We will visit with my cousin and Aunt for 1 week before returning home via a night at SIMCO in North Carolina.
I am hoping to post pictures when I get to Germany depending on our internet connection. Until then, please continue to pray for our travels and safety.
In Christ,
Nadia and Family
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nadia and family,
It has been realy neat reading about your trip and all that God has been doing over there! I will be praying for your safe trip home and continued witness along the way! God Bless you! Can't wait to see you ! Your Friend, Crystal
We sure do miss having you here in Angola! You blessed us in so many ways, especially freeing us up to do more ministry by taking over the schooling of Jeremy and TJ for a month! Craig was a huge blessing with his handyman skills. We learned so much from you and were humbled by your great sacrifice to come serve the Lord and us in Africa. May He bless you richly in return! David & Myriam
Post a Comment